The Fitness Gentleman

Wednesday, March 18, 2009
The Best Time To Exercise
I had a long exhausting day at my studio yesterday and by the time I got home I felt like collapsing on the couch.

Normally, I squeeze in my workouts in the early afternoon because I know they get harder the later in the day that I leave them. However yesterday I didn’t even have a spare 20 minutes for a quick session.

So it was I arrived home wiped out and the last thing on my mind was exercise.

Fortunately, my wife reminded me what our friend and Yoga instructor, Paula, always says, “the time we most need to exercise is the time we least feel like it – those times we feel tired or rundown are the times we really need all the benefits of exercise!”

I knew she was right and with some cajoling I changed into my running gear, grabbed the dog and got out of the house before I could get sucked in by the inviting comfort of the couch.

It was a beautiful stormy evening at the beach and the cool sea breeze soon blew out any cobwebs I had.
40 minutes later I felt like a new man; my mind was clear, my body felt alive, I was energized and looking forward to an evening with my family.

I took away 3 key lessons from this incident:

1) We all have days that we don’t feel like exercise and it’s really easy to put it off.
2) The times we don’t feel like exercise are those times that we probably need it the most.
3) We all need someone in our lives who is willing to encourage, cajole and push us.

If you feel like you need guidance and motivation or just someone to push you harder than you can push yourself check out my monthly coaching program at http://fitnessgentlemanscoaching.com/

Yours in health & happiness
Giles Wiley – The Fitness Gentleman
Fitness expert, Author & Magazine Contributor

PS. Here’s that address again http://fitnessgentlemanscoaching.com/

**The contents of this daily email are not to be considered as medical advice. Always consult a physician before beginning or changing any fitness program.**
posted by Giles Wiley @ 9:58 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
< >
Optimal Health, Fitness & Weight Loss Tips
About Me

Name: Giles Wiley
Home: Atlantic Beach, Florida, United States
About Me: Giles - The Fitness Gentleman - is the author of "5-Minute Flexibility - Rapid Releases for Tight & Tired Muscles" and the publisher of the online newsletter "Optimal Health, Fitness & Weight Loss Tips". He was given the name The Fitness Gentleman by his clients and colleagues because of his refined approach to fitness and fat-loss. Giles is in demand as a speaker and coach. He spent many years travelling the world studying and training alongside the best of the best in all aspects of physical performance. He is university-trained in Exercise Physiology, Nutrition, & Physiotherapy, as well as being a highly experienced, international level Martial Artist.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Newletter

Join NOW!

E-mail address

Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER